Playa PAraiso

Notice Board

This is a very informal place, where anybody can post, without having to register.
If you have any news about the Playa Paraiso area, or any information that you would like to share, please add your comments below. Report anything and everything.

What's the latest news? Please tell us. Have you got a question? Somebody will know the answer.
If you are looking for a service please give contact details in your post and always look here first
Home - Full Site Index

1-15 of 4845 Comments
Mark Hayward – Brighton
May 20, 2019 - 14:31
Subject: La Cala Restaurant La Manga Club

Does anybody know of anyone who provides transport services from Playa Paraiso to La Cala restaurant at La Manga Club?
I believe taxis are reluctant to go there due to the poor nature of the road surface.

Julie – PP/Leeds
May 14, 2019 - 19:23
Subject: Interesting Places

For the lady from Rothwell I met in Brambles last week, here are the links to the places of interest I mentioned.

murciatoday.com

www.tentegorraventura.com

Enjoy

Bob – Playa Paraiso
May 11, 2019 - 11:10
Subject: Apartmentos Los Flamencos - Spraying against mosquitos

article and a few photos on the gallery - taken from the ayuntamiento website re: campaign to control tiger mosquitos.

They explain how a tiny amount of water can be a breeding ground and show pics of spraying around the apartments

Stan – Sunny Pp
May 09, 2019 - 13:40
Subject: Sun block view apartments

Hello all,
Just been to see my inside man they have sold 32 apartments so far as for phase 3 well properly won't be built for a few more years (if ever) so some of you in Himilce will still have a veiw for a while yet .

Reply to Stan
Bob – Playa Paraiso
May 09, 2019 - 17:51
Subject: Re: Sun block view apartments

Hi Stan

did you ask him what they plan to do about the rambla flooding ?
That will be a nightmare in the winter, considering how bad it was after just one wet weekend

Reply to Stan
Bob – Playa Paraiso
May 09, 2019 - 18:12
Subject: Re: Sun block view apartments

I've just popped another panorama photo on to the gallery. Apart from showing the progress, the damp area is still clearly visible, not dried out yet since 20th April.

Rebecca – Edinburgh
May 08, 2019 - 08:30
Subject: Sun Loungers

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if they have sun loungers down the beach to hire?

Thanks

Reply to Rebecca
Peter
May 08, 2019 - 09:58
Subject: Re: Sun Loungers

Yes they do

Reply to Rebecca
Stan – Pp
May 09, 2019 - 12:43
Subject: Re: Sun Loungers

Hello,
Casablanca beach bar €8 all day.

juliet – julietbonnet@gmail.com
May 08, 2019 - 00:14
Subject: Car hire from Corvera

Hello All,
Has anyone got thoughts about which car hire company to use at Corvera airport? Centauro are the only ones needing a shuttle bus, and are a bit more expensive than Goldcar and the others, although I know that they had the best reputation when at San Javier. Any good experiences from other hirers wouldbe appreciated to hear. Thanks

Reply to juliet
Peter
May 08, 2019 - 08:12
Subject: Re: Car hire from Corvera

Used gold at in April they do charge 20 euros extra when you pick up your car I’m going out next Wednesday and have booked centauro so can repot back then

Reply to juliet
robert cozens – swansea
May 08, 2019 - 13:56
Subject: Re: Car hire from Corvera

Hi Juliet. Have used Centauro in March no trouble at all. Booked thru carflexi.com. Paid for full/full. Had my own insurance. All monies returned promptly. I always check car for damage and take photos. Hope this helps.

Reply to juliet
Rob – Swindon/pp
May 08, 2019 - 17:21
Subject: Re: Car hire from Corvera

Used gold car for years and never an issue but there was an article at the weekend saying they are by far the most complained about hire car company in Spain, fairly consistently - it’s enough to make us think about using centaurs as they came out top. Seems this article mirrored the feedback on this site over the years.

Colin – PP
May 06, 2019 - 08:03
Subject: Olivenet

(I'm starting a new tread as this answers several posts)

I had Olivenet 100Mb installed last year. It was a technical installation, as I needed to use my own router and have a fixed IP. The staff at the shop were friendly, helpful and geeks. They understood really geeky stuff.

I've just run a speed test and got 190Mb down, 98Mb up. This is extremely fast, ten people could view different streams on NetFilx.

However these sorts of speeds require top end equipment on your house, to make use of if. To see anything above about 80Mb all your computers and routers will have to be Gigabit spec. Testing over old WiFi (2.4GHz) is likely to produce much slower results.

Reply to Colin